| Blog Home Page |

October 25, 2008

....and I Thought I Had Problems.........

I'll come into the office with a purpose. Usually to get the pen that I left behind, or to check Google stats answer an email.

If I sit down in front of the computer long enough to hit "reply" my sneaky right hand invariably manages to hit the "open new window" button and somebody's blog will appear. How'd that get there? I'll check on just one blog. Then another.
And another.


It's the "Just One Potato Chip Theory" gone cyber.
Betcha can't read just one.


Jen from Buried With Children was nice and left me a comment. I visited her blog for just a minute and travelled on.


I ended up at a little spot aptly named I Am Neurotic.


And I thought I had problems.


I'd never wear shortsleeved shirts when I was a kid because I have pointy elbows.


My sister cuts every teeny tiny bit of white stuff off of whatever she's getting ready to cook for dinner. She thinks it's fat and can't tolerate the idea of swallowing it. But pink and white hamburger is OK. (Hey Stew, that really is fat.) Now I've grossed her out.


One of my friends must drive in the passing lane at all times on the highway. Doing 50 mph.
I found this out by letting her drive ONCE. That was a long trip with many rude-finger salutes from the drivers passing us on the right.


Spending more than a couple of minutes in the kitchen gives Mr. Sweetie the heebie-jeebies. He says it's the critters under his feet. I say it's because I'm going to put an apron on him and make him cook.

One of the dogs cannot go out the front door without sitting down to give himself a good scratching. This creates a doggy traffic jam.

The other dog is darn near blind a little nearsighted. If anything is out of place on the path to the front door he'll invariably run into it. (See above.)


My BFF will not get on a plane. We have driven two days to avoid a four-hour plane trip.


I used to date a blind guy. Going down stairs he'd tap his foot on the step before stepping down to make sure it was there. I find myself doing the same thing years later and I can see perfectly well.

One of the residents in the nursing home I worked at refused to get into an elevator. Ever. She had never been in one and wasn't going to start anytime soon.

Is thumb-twiddling neurotic? I twiddle when I'm the passenger in my daughter's car. It's the only time I do it. Drives her insane.

My brother cannot tolerate large groups of people, even if it's his family. This is the same guy that spent five-plus years on a ship in the Navy with umm large groups of people. He now lives on a tiny tiny island population 143. Hmmmm. Maybe it's just the "family" part that he can't tolerate. (just kidding Al)

What do you do that you can't not do?

14 comments:

binks said...

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! I can't stand people who drive slow in the passing lane! It absolutley drives me mad.

The only thing I do that I can't stop is obsessive hair pulling. It even drives me nuts, but if my hair is not in a ponytail, I will pull and pull. I would probably be follically challenged if not for elastic.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

too many to list.

nikkicrumpet said...

I was laughing at your guesses for the trenches. I'm starting to think that my hubby had them dig them for burial...mine and the two dogs...If I go missing...call 911 and tell them to look in the back yard!!! Anyway....I'm a fingernail biter. When I had a fancier job than my current one...I'd get my nails done with the acrylic tips...I still bit them! My manicurist called me her client from hell! Have a great day...and no twiddling!

Tiffany said...

I eat one thing at a time. Say you have a meat, veggie and a rice. I eat all the rice, all the veggie, then all the meat. I just do it.

And if I eat colored candy such as m&m's, I eat all the same color first. I start with browns, yellows, greens, and save blue or red for last.

Jess said...

I hate going up to a bar to get a drink, even at weddings. I always make someone else get it. I think it's the whole getting the bartenders attention thing. I dunno.

Unknown said...

These are so funny!
I don't think I'm neurotic, but everyone I know is ;)

scargosun said...

I sometimes blink between telephone poles and can't stop. I play with my fingers and get OCD about tapping each one in the same way. it's only when I am stressed though.

FREAK!

Rhea said...

That's an awesome list!! You had me laughing more than once.

I have to knock on wood.

I have to lock doors leading outside.

I have to blog.

Susie Q said...

I always knock on wood (or just say it if there is no wood, other than the wood in my heard!)
I always check the stove to make sure it is turned off before bed.
I check every door lock befire bed too.
I walk through the house twice before leaving for a trip...I guess I am checking to make sure if all is well but have no idea why I do it twice!

life in red shoes said...

I absolutley cannot fall asleep without wiggling my feet! I have done this for as long as I can remember, at one time I thought perhaps I was autistic, nope, just plain nuts.

Debz said...

I always rub my tongue on the inside of my teeth until said tongue is raw. I try not to do it, but it's just not possible.

I always keep my hands/arms completely under the covers. Don't want anyone to get me.

And I must aways shake my right leg in bed in order to fall asleep. Hubby confuses it with some sort of mating call until I kick him with it.

carrie said...

I can relate to the cyber it's just one chip thing.

it's frightening.

Mrs4444 said...

This was funny. I like your writing style and will be back...

??? said...

I can't think of one thing but I loooooooved reading yours!!!